ORGANS OF THE DEEP SEA FISHING AUTHORITY
- the Executive Committee;
- the Technical Advisory Committee; and
- the Management.
The Executive Committee members are 8 Permanent/Principal Secretaries from the:
- Ministry responsible for fisheries in Mainland Tanzania;
- Ministry responsible for fisheries in Tanzania Zanzibar;
- Ministry responsible for defence;
- Vice President’s office responsible for Union matters;
- Second Vice President’s Office Tanzania Zanzibar;
- Special departments in Tanzania Zanzibar;
- Ministry responsible for finance in Mainland Tanzania;
- Ministry responsible for finance in Tanzania Zanzibar; and
- the Director General who shall be the Secretary of the Executive Committee.
THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The Technical Advisory Committee has advisory role to the Executive Committee and is composed with the following members:
- the Director responsible for Fisheries of Mainland Tanzania;
- the Director responsible for Fisheries of Tanzania Zanzibar;
- two law officers from the office of the Attorney General one from each side of the Union;
- two fisheries economists one from each side of the Union;
- two marine scientific researchers from research institutions, one from each side of the Union; and
- two other members having knowledge and experience in the fishing industry one from each side of the Union.
- the Director General;
- the Deputy Director General; and
- Directors of the Departments.
- Human resources and administration
- Internal Audit
- Research and Statistics
- Information and Communication Technology
- Accountant and Finance